3,258 results
All reviews thai restaurant obelisk restaurant main building infinity pool dead sea junior suite beautiful hotel kids club mini bar golf cart pool staff breakfast buffet is private beach guest relations soft drinks special thanks ivan
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Our trip to the hotel started off on a sour note. When we checked in and go to our room, we noticed the air condition and mini fridge wasn't working. Maintetance came and said they need to work on. Of course by the time they came back we were drenched in sweat. I called Mohammed in front desk and told him how disappointed I was in this room. He was the one that checked us in. He told me he'd call me back in a couple minutes, in which he did and upgraded me free of charge to a junior suite! I'd like to personally thank him for his amazing customer service and attitude. We later saw him driving the golf cart. He was a very kind. The pools here are amazing! Too many to pick from. My preference was the one looking out onto the sea next to the Italian restaurant. Breakfast buffet was delicious. Enjoyed sitting out on the deck. Ivan in the restaurant was an amazing host and loved talking to my daughter Natalie and enjoyed making small talk with him. Great hotel, clean and most importantly the amazing staff there!!

Stayed: June 2016
4  Thank Trmaayah
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your stay at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar and for sharing that your trip was enjoyable. We are delighted you loved our heartfelt hospitality and the attentive service. I was also happy to learn that you were highly impressed with Mohammed and Ivan who made your stay memorable. We are all already looking forward to welcoming you back to the Dead Sea.

Warm regards,

Sébastien Mariette

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

The room is a bit dated but they kept it clean and tidy. Service is nothing less than excellent. We had a semi private pool but it was relatively full given all the seats were taken when we could see the pool from our room.
Both dinner and breakfast was a buffet and the food was good but the waiters/waitress were not all that efficient. Not that they were really busy serving since this is a buffet.
It's pretty obvious you get extra service if you start tipping like any other middle eastern hotel.
Jerk at the beach won't help you put mud on unless you tip the guy so I took off one star from the rating.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeikiT

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay. We appreciate you sharing your observations and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your comments have been shared with the concerned department for immediate improvement. We hope to host you once again during your upcoming trip to Jordan.

Warm regards,

Sébastien Mariette

Reviewed 8 June 2016

This is a really big 5* hotel with great facilities spread out so you can end up doing a fair amount of walking if in the main building to the pools and beach. What stands out for us was the level of service. All staff have been professionally trained- courteous, speak English and always helpful. In particular the swimming pool guys were continually running around adjusting the umbrellas, bringing free cold water and frozen face cloths. Ivan the Filipino PR guy seemed to be everywhere and extremely helpful.
The buffet breakfast was very good, the sandwich grill at lunchtime good and the Codes Asian restaurant was very tasty. Unfortunately alcohol is just far too highly priced plus the 33% taxes which really reduces the demand for more beer on a very hot - mid 40' day - or wine at night. We have a choice which country and place we go for a mini break - here prices are way above even expensive Dubai. I mentioned it was my wife's birthday the next day and they kindly delivered a small birthday cake and greetings to our room - very well done. Also as has been mentioned in other reviews they scan the luggage and didn't allow a bottle of wine we had bought at the airport. This was placed in the car but when we went out the next day the extreme heat had pushed the cork out and boiling wine was coming out ( managed to save it and the doormen got some ice for us - great service!!), so be warned don't leave anything in the car. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craig N
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We are strongly committed to constantly improving the quality of service we provide, so your comments and personal experience are very important to us. I am very glad that we had the chance of hosting you during your visit to Jordan; it gives us a great pleasure to hear that you had a nice stay with us. I have also shared your feedback with Ivan, who was so motivated and happy to receive your special recognition to his efforts and professionalism. Again, we are so honored we got the chance of welcoming you and we hope we get another chance soon.

My best regards,
Sebastien Maritte

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

I really needed two days of relaxation and calm, kempinski dead sea offered me that. Amazing time at the spa with Tik (I had massage..90 minutes felt like 5 minutes)... Thanks to Mohammad for his care in the gym, offered me nice tips and exercises.. The gym it self is very well equipped.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank camminatoremondo
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a feedback about your recent stay with us. Guests’ satisfaction is our highest priority and we turn our full attention to personalized and attentive service to accommodate our guests with a memorable stay during their visit to this unique haven at the lowest point on earth. Thank you for your recognition to our staff efforts, I have shared your feedback with Mohammad, who was so motivated to receive your kind praising words. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea.

With best regards,
Sebastien Mariette.
General Manager.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

This stay has marked my fifth stay in this beautiful property, it was absolutely great and enjoyable. From the delicious breakfast and craftsmanship of Chef Hani, and great service of Hazem. With great welcoming and full assistance of Wael and Louai - the product and services never disappoints. Thank you and see you on the next visit.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Danidab86

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback about your recent stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to learn that our guests have spent a magnificent time at our hotel and I am very glad that we could exceed your expectations with our personalized and tentative service for the fifth time. Once again we thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to have the privilege to welcome you back soon to Kempinski Hotel Ishtar.

With best regards,