US$118
US$108
US$99
TripAdvisor
3,053 results
All reviewsthai restaurantobelisk restaurantmain buildinginfinity pooldead seajunior suitebeautiful hotelkids clubmini bargolf cartpool staffguest relationsbreakfast buffet isprivate beachsoft drinksspecial thanksivan
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

This my second visit as always high standards wonderful staff high quality service main pool was amazing food is nice and a great band in the night I highly recommended this hotel for the people who are interested in relaxing and standards plus views

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Awni H,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with us, we are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your time during your stay with us. We hope your next visit would be longer so you would have more time to try our different facilities and outlets.

Sebastien Mariette
Cluster General Manager

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful grounds, very attentive staff and wow are the pools incredible. Three restaurants with nice Asian, local and Italian cuisine. Balconies are huge, and the spa is excellent. Lots of security made me feel safe on my first night in the Middle East.

Few cons: lots of flies outside, not sure if anything can be done. Bathrooms are a bit dark and the shower was disappointing for this caliber of a hotel.

Overall though, great stay and highly recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SanjaySays
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear SanjaySays,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are thrilled to know that you have enjoyed your time with us and that we have succeeded to accommodate you with a memorable stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Sebastien Mariette – Cluster General Manager

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

When I booked this for a one night visit with my mum and her 84 year old neighbour I wanted to go luxury since they’re on a short Jordan trip based on me inviting them. So had to be right.

Well, whilst Kempinski was recommended to me by local colleagues as ‘the best there’ is never go again and here is why;

First of all the place is simply too big. Too go to beach is like a 10 minute journey with club car. Breakfast is 5 minutes by same transport. All spaces feel impersonal and cold. Doesn’t help that on a Friday night there was hardly anyone in the bars and restaurants.

Secondly it has a fundamental smell problem. The smell of feces outside is one thing. You only go through a few times. But the smell of fuel in the lifts and some of the halls was ghastly.

Finally and this is probably true for all hotels there but the lack of rain means that you’ll be covered by flies constantly when sitting poolside.

The reception is ok. The men at the front handling cars, luggage and club cars are very friendly. The restaurant staff seem to be a Filipino which means efficient by typically impersonal.

When I spend 200JD per room per night I don’t want to be dealing with all these issues so they won’t see me there again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michel V
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It’s always a great pleasure to receive our valuable guests’ feedback and learn from their experiences.

As hoteliers, we keen to provide our valuable guests with an excellent service in order to complete the perfect image consisting of great facilities and impeccable service. However, I would like to offer my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

Please rest assured that we took the utmost care about your complaint. We are definitely hoping that you visit us again soon, so we could provide you with a faultless stay and way exceed your expectations.

Best regards,
Sebastien Mariette – Cluster General Manager

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We had an excellent weekend in october in this beautiful hotel. Not only the weather was good but the hotel was wonderful. The infinity pool and restaurants were super. The staff was so kind and warm. We were welcomed by Ivan, his hospitality was all over the hotel. Special thanks to hotel GM Sebastian, for this wonderful service, helpful and always smiling happy staff.
I recommend everybody to put their bucket list the fascinating sunset experience in this hotel...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar and for sharing your wonderful experience. We are thrilled to read that you loved the services provided by our welcoming associates, we will share your comments with our team members in order to let them know that their efforts are highly appreciated. Thank you once again. We hope to have the opportunity of pampering you and your family again in the nearest future.

Kind regards,
Sébastien Mariette

Reviewed 9 November 2017

A didn't have any expectations to be honest but was really impressed with this hotel resort. It's huge and it can take a while to find your way around but I loved everything about it.
The facilities are fantastic and the rooms are really large and airy. Balconies are a good size with shutters if you want some shade.
Staff were very friendly but slightly overwhelmed at times when the bar was busy. Lots of lovely outdoor terraces from which to admire the amazing views of the Dead Sea and/or a drink.
I tried the Spa on the last day and whilst it was very relaxing, I have been to better.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business