“Nice pools bad stuff ”

Grand East Hotel - Resort & Spa Dead Sea
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Stuff are not good at all spacial the lady working on the reception she needs to be trained for 5 years then come back to work in hotel check in ir check out .
Hotel main building it's not 5 stars at all . Pools are not that clean . Food average or below, cold drinks bad, shisha is ok .
The only positive point is the ladies pool .
I might go back only for the ladies pool but nothing more !!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank mmmm002
There are newer reviews for Grand East Hotel - Resort & Spa Dead Sea

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Grand east
- 28/4 reception does not answer the phone, called three times to complain about hot water
- 29/4 morning shower, guess not, no hot water, I had to wash up in cold water (not used to that). On my way out of the hotel I told the reception of the problem and the man answered "right away sir" I came back at 10:40 pm; guess what, yes still no hot water. Called reception again, they sent a man to fix it, and it took him 15 min... 30 min... 40 min, voila I have hot water
- Towels I used yesterday were not changed, Update: they were changed the next day
- 30/4 morning shower, again no luck. On the way out I saw the on duty manager and told him the problem, he promised he will take care of it, let's see tonight... Update: Again no hot water and another cold shower
- Breakfast, I am light breakfast eater; a piece of toast and honey usually, I didn't find toast. Less than basic buffet, not even a bread heater
- Hunters will love the flying birds in the restaurant
- Strangely, they don't replenish things used in the toilette (soap, towels, etc.) if they replenish one they would forget the other
- 1/5 this is my last day here, again another cold shower, I went for breakfast and since i went there a little later than the previous days the restaurant was packed, approaching the entrance the attendant there was dressed in a rush, t-shirt, kaki pants and SLIPPERS !!!
- I finally get to meet the omelette station people, and there was a couple more kinds of bread (no toast though and no heater) heading for omelettes there was quite a long queue i waited for a while then opted out.
- Orange juice was out, i told a lady who was refilling buffet plates if they can refill the orange juice, her answer was “in a little bit” !!! so i decided to make do with a light meal, ok; find a place to sit… there was a few empty tables from people who finished and left but they were not ready to accept a new person and I noticed only ONE person collecting the empty plates I guess it will take till noon to finish, after spinning around looking for a place to sit I decided to forget about breakfast and left.
Conclusion:
- Cleanliness:
- Another thing bothered me, I had my room almost at the end of the corridor so I had to walk a good distance...on dirty floor, for the four days I spent in the hotel it was never mopped
- Overall all the room and bathroom were clean, however I had to wipe the closet before putting my clothes cause it was full of dust
- You can easily notice stuff lying around in small side corridors
- Lobby and corridors require a lot more attention
- Staff:
- Definitely not trained to do what they have to do, no experience in hospitality, the hotel is understaffed
- Room service was inconsistent
- Even restaurant personnel need to be more trained especially about hygiene, the lady filling the plates was handling plates and the dragging the garbage bin with the same latex gloves !!!
- Room:
- Standard twin bed room with free coffee station, I told the reception I am supposed to get a double bed room, he said the hotel is full so I asked to put the twin beds together to make a double bed, guess what: they just put them together…
- TV was standard with around 30 satellite channels

The irony is I am staying there starting today (May 1st) until May 8th for another event…

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
6  Thank Omar Z
Reviewed 26 April 2016

This is a family hotel and packed with young kids. Smoking is allowed everywhere, even in rooms though they mentioned it is a non-smoking room. Jordan is the only country that i have ever seen in the entire world, smoking is allowed anywhere, hotel, malls, parking, restaurants, you name it, you can smoke anywhere :(
Even in this family hotel, smoking is allowed anywhere, so something to think about it if you are having issues with tobacco!!! However, hotel staff is very nice and great service. Rooms are large enough with a nice balcony facing 5 levels of swimming pools and Dead Sea!! View from the room is fantastic and all rooms are very clean.
Friday/Saturday is the weekend in Jordan and this is a family hotel and no alcohol served in the hotel and you are not permitted to carry one inside or have it inside your room. Should respect the hotel policy since this is a family hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are facing the pools and the Dead Sea and Friday to Saturday nights are very noisy due to...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nadika122
Reviewed 22 April 2016

Band this is brand new ,just opened up about 2 weeks ago ,we booked it before arriving one room for few hrs only to have a place to change and shower after our visit to the dead sea .
What a surprise ,we even experienced the hardest time to pass through the gate let a lone a place to change and shower no where to find but we after we paid $210 just to do that and carry our cloth with us to the dead sea ,walked through the stones to get there ,no one to assist .
Never in our life seen something like that ,I mean pay to get in and you are on your own .

No one took the courtesy to ask us how did we get there ,who facilitated reservation there ,Im at a loss of words to express what happened to us ????

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lubbock54
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

First of all pools aren't clean, and the kids pool water is almost yellow!!! I told the guard and it's not healthy for children he told me that if we go to clean it we need 20 minutes and we can't takeoff the kids to clean it.

When we took our second room around 2 pm I told the receptionist it's a triple room and we need extra bed and now we will go to swim and we will not use the room please put the extra bed now, but we went around 6pm we didn't find the extra bed and we asked the room services about it and we waited for about 1 and a half hour for the extra bed.

The third problem is when we went to dinner around 7:30 after we took the extra bed we found most dishes empty and there's no juice. When i asked about it they told me that it's for extra charge. after that i went to the supervisor and told him about the dinner and drinks and after 2 minutes he came back with the chief and told him to take care of me and i asked him for dinner and juice, after 10 minutes the waiter brought us the left overs. No one of us eat from the dinner.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Abdullah A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweimah
2.0 km away
9.8 km away
Lagoon Hotel & Resort
Lagoon Hotel & Resort
#9 of 11 in Dead Sea Region

Been to Grand East Hotel - Resort & Spa Dead Sea? Share your experiences!