Best Western Moore Place Hotel
US$70
US$45
US$153
Hilton Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)
US$61
US$49
US$33
US$31
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$60
US$51
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$68
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$66
Peartree Lodge Waterside(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$51
All reviewsmilton keynesmain buildingwoburn sandslovely villagesleigh bedwedding breakfastpretty villagefour posterpleasant hotelwedding venuean enjoyable stayquiet locationwoburn safari parkthe ground floorchecking outstayed for one nightindian restaurant
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Have had a week of travelling around the UK, staying at a number of Premier Inn's and finishing at this hotel just outside Milton Keynes.

In my opinion it is past it's best. I booked one of the "cottage" rooms, not really aware what the term cottage meant in this context. When checking in, the receptionist checked I was happy with that choice. The cottage rooms, apparently had a lot more room, but the furniture was older.

I went to the room (in a set of converted building across the car park), but as I tripped down the step into the darkened room I caught the dust on my breath. The furniture was indeed old & saggy. After 10 minutes with the window open I still found the dust distracting. I returned to reception to complain, and was moved to a room in another block. This was much cleaner, with no taste of dust. Perfectly adequate. Only adequate though: TV was showing it's age, taking several seconds to switch between channels. Shower mixer unpredictable. Key card took several attempts to work.

I had breakfasts twice during my stay. Their blandness and modest size for the price (see attached) persuaded me against having an evening meal in the hotel.

The overnight rate here (~£80/night) was slightly higher than the average Premier Inn rate I'd experienced this week. But the quality was noticeably lower. Things like:
* every surface clean, everything in perfect condition.
* friendly local cleaning staff, happy to engage & discuss local area
* very comfortable huge bed, large desk

Sure, I'd normally avoid major chains like Premier Inn - indeed that's what I was doing here. It would have been great to chance on a countryside gem, but that's the gamble. I booked this room at very short notice (~2 hours), and Expedia offered a substantial discount. That elevated my expectations of what I'd be getting. Sucker.

No, I'm not blindly praising Premier Inn - I'd never used them before this week.

Room Tip: I believe there is a large range in room size & style. I'd advise asking to have a look at your room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a wedding. The venue was great. Staff helpful and friendly. Special praise goes to Amy on reception who quickly sorted a couple of issues we had. Thank you Amy all is sorted now. You were a star.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed overnight, our room was spacious and comfortable, everything was clean if a little dated and in need of a lick of paint. Dinner was included in the deal and was very good indeed, a wedding party had booked the main restaurant but we were accommodated in a function room upstairs, it was a bit soulless but as we were with friends it did not impact on our enjoyment. Every member of staff was pleasant and helpful, Anup stood out as making that extra effort to make sure we felt welcome and he looked after us very well at dinner, a very personable young man. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We attended a wedding - the venue is lovely and perfect for the occasion. The wedding breakfast was lovely and the accommodation was perfect for an over night stay. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We have lived locally for three years and have popped in for drinks on multiple occasions with our dogs (both well behaved). Of course we checked on the first occasion that this was acceptable. We were actually surprised to be allowed; but delighted as there is only the one other option in the village - a pub over the road; which although excellent can be very busy and loud (the Best Western bar was always comparitively quiet).

We popped in on the evening of 11th March for a couple of drinks with my parents and the dogs. There was only one other patron in there. The lady behind the bar peered at us for a good minute as we decided where to sit; before saying brusquely "excuse me - you can't come in here with dogs". We replied, really, as we have been allowed in the past? No reply, just a stare down. OK then; pubs and bars change thier policies from time to time and we understand that - off to the Anchor it is.

This is the part that annoyed me to the extent to leave this review. As we were leaving (literally at the front door exiting) another woman followed us and repeated "you're not allowed dogs in here". I replied, "we are just leaving; but we have been here multiple times with the dogs". She then stated "we have never allowed dogs in here". Then followed a back and forth in which we pointed out that our previous visits were not a figment of our imagination.

As stated, I appreciate that places change thier policies from time to time in respect of dogs. But I do not appreciate it being inferred that we are liars. We have in the past been good customers to your (dated) bar, in spite of the prices/poor selection.

Our families have also stayed here when visiting.... think we'll recommend elsewhere until you hire some pleasant staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family