Let me start with its location. Well, it is located in Chinnakanal, around 25 km from Munnar, away from the hustle-bustle of the town. The location is perfect for those who seek tranquillity and peace, especially for the honeymooners. We stayed there for 3 nights in the last week of September in a Deluxe room, called Dyshe. It is basically a duplex cottage kind of arrangement, with a living room on the ground floor and a bedroom & a balcony on the first. We arrived quite late, around 9 pm. However, the hotel staff was very courteous and helpful and gave us the best room available in that category. The bedroom was nice and cosy. The Anayirankal lake was visible from our balcony. However, the furniture in the living room was a bit dated and needs refurbishing. But it did not really matter to us because once in Munnar, you would hardly spend time sitting in your living room in front of the TV. The area of the hotel is quite big and the lawn is well-maintained. The surroundings have a mystic charm to it, typical of Munnar. The mountains at the back of the hotel sometimes look surreal. Now, the food at the restaurant deserves a special mention as we found it to be quite reasonable. The local dishes were absolutely delicious (Appam, Kerala-style fish curry etc.). Overall, we had a wonderful stay at the Siena Village. Our only regret was that the garden restaurant was closed at that time due to renovation. It would have been really helpful had the hotel website mentioned about the renovation work since this open restaurant is one of the major attractions marketed by the management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting high amidst the clouds, 20kms off Munnar town in Chinnakanal is The Siena Village. An idler’s retreat, where guests can enjoy sophisticated accommodation, revitalizing Ayurveda and thrilling outdoor pursuits in true ‘Siena’ style. Ideal for corporate gatherings, weekends with family or a romantic getaway with the one you love, the Siena Village experience is one of a beautiful blend of the familiar and the inspirational. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Siena Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Siena Village Hotel Chinnakanal
- Siena Village Munnar
- Siena Village Hotel Munnar
- The Siena Village India/Kerala - Chinnakanal