“Always poor service and cold food”
Review of McDonald's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McDonald's
Ranked #24 of 37 Restaurants in Lakefield
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I did a drive-through order yesterday and said to my friend that REALLY wanted McD's that I have never had good service at this location and the fries are ALWAYS cold...well, they didn't disappoint. As usual I was asked to find a place to park and wait. Then I was short 2 egg Mc's in my bag of cold food! I just cant figure out how a McDonalds can be so consistently bad!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Waited for 8 minutes for someone to take my order. No one acknowledged I was there, they just chatted among themselves. Not normally an issue,except I was the only one in line.

Ordered a BLT combo, hold the pickles, mustard and onions. After 5 or 6 minutes I received my order. First bit revealed I had all the things I didn't want and no bacon.

This is the worst run McDonald's I have ever been in, the Mgr should be fired.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I'm from the States, visiting in Lakefield on business. I had the parmesan garlic fries (twice) and LOVED them. We don't have these back home. If you've never had them, you have got to try them.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I arrived at 10:50am the drive through was moving slow and I was finally next in line to order at about 11:00 when staff came out and rotated the menu signs before I could order. I tried to order breakfast but was told they were now serving from the day menu. I explained the circumstances and that the delay was theirs to no avail. When I finally got to the window to pay for food that I didn't really want, a guy was there instead of the female order taker. I guess they were afraid of my reaction...simply hopeless and pathetic service hiding behind an artificial policy like robots. If I want breakfast again at McDonalds there is 2 options, 1: Go somewhere else, or 2 arrive half and hour at least before 11:00am. People were honking their horns to try and move the line ahead, so its not that they didn't know they were slow.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

The first time I visited this location, the service was somewhat slow, and though I did not complain, the manager brought me a few coupons for free sandwiches by way of apology. The evening of March 10th, I thought I might drive from Peterborough to Lakefield to take advantage of the coupons. Not knowing that the restaurant closed at 10 pm, I arrived a few minutes before that. The lights were still on, and customers were still in the drive-through. I was told when I pulled up that even though it was not yet 10:00, I could only order drinks or ice cream because they were "closing in three minutes." When I came in to complain that the person ahead of me was served and given food while I had to wait to exit the drive-through, I was told that they are not "making all that food when they're going to close in a minute." First of all, you're either open and serving your customers or you're not. Lights are on and it is not past the POSTED closing hours, customers should be served. I worked in food service many years ago, and I am perfectly aware of the fact that you can cook one burger or an order of fries, and food will not be wasted. The first bad experience was understandable, but this second experience was totally unacceptable. I wasted 30 minutes driving there and back, the gas it took me to get from Peterborough to Lakefield when there are McDonalds I could have gone to in Peterborough, and extra money I did not intend to spend because I had to go somewhere else. This service is AWFUL and inexcusable.