“Beautiful location and view.”

Lantern Restaurant & Grill
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Lakefield
Cuisines: French, Italian, Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

A great place for dinner and or lunch. The view is spectacular of the islands of Stony lake with a western exposure. The food is all fresh and well prepared. They have a excellent wine selection and many draft beers on tap. All in all a great dining experience.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

What is happening here with your customer service? I spent many years in this industry and I would never first of all turn anyone away when there are plenty of open tables because I didn't feel like moving that fast. My group of four pretty much had to beg for a reservation at 5. We were first informed that there wasn't any space on the patio for us, turned out there were many tables empty on the patio during our dinner inside of the restaurant. We watched lots of confused patrons being turned away because apparently the staff didn't feel like serving anyone else in this empty establishment on the most beautiful patio day of the year. Two beers and four entrees that claimed to be fine dining cost $180.00, and the $30 steak was on top of a mountain of greasy fries. I just don't understand this place at all. Maybe your whole approach to 'no tipping' is a bad business plan. These people clearly don't care about the reputation of this place because it doesn't affect their pockets. Nice view is about all that impressed me here.

5  Thank candyok
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We took our boat over to have lunch at the Lantern Grill and mentioned that our son has an allergy to Nuts. The waitress was very helpful is trying to assist us with our needs. After some conversion is was decided that it wasn't safe for him to eat the food. That is 100% fine as I understand the possibility of cross contamination and that is a possibility. We us on the boat all day, taking a chance was not in the cards. So, as we do at every restaurant we have frequented, we have some safe snacks for our son to eat at the table with us. This is where I was disgusted with the service. When I brought a snack for my son to eat while we eat....TOGETHER AS A FAMILY.....I was informed that there is a house policy not allowing outside food. I was not aloud to bring outside food to the restaurant for my son who was not able to eat their food yet we were still ordering and eating. I explained that this is because he as a nut allergy we cant take a chance and I would think an exception could be made to accommodate him. The management said NO. So my poor son with an allergy, not his fault plus being Autistic had to LEAVE THE RESTAURANT AND SIT IN THE BOAT TO EAT HIS LUNCH NOT WITH HIS FAMILY!. NICE!!!!!!! I will not recommend this establishment to anyone!

8  Thank Todd N
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We attended the Lantern last night for a very special tasting and beverage paring menu for a birthday party. It was outstanding ! The 5 course menu was a gastronomic delight and the drink parings that accompanied each course were amazing ❣️
We were absolutely blown away by the caliber of the food .... so delicious and they were also a feast for the eyes . We began with some Prosecco and then an appetizer that was so amazing with the most incredible cocktail accompanying it . Then we were presented with a crab cake extraordinaire and it went on from there
The "piece de resistance " was the grand finale of an Apple pie presented like you've never had before
Can't say enough about this awesome experience

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We visited the landing, hoping to visit the bake shop, but since it was lunchtime we decided to go to the restaurant. What a delightful surprise. Wonderful view, pleasant staff and delicious lunch. We will definitely be back.

Thank Donald and Joha... G