“Excellent Meal - OK Atmosphere”
Review of Noble Fin

Noble Fin
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Description: Noble Fin is recognized as one of the best restaurants in the County of Gwinnett, as well as one of the best restaurants in Atlanta. Featuring seafood & steaks and a fun bar with signature cocktails. Join us for Oyster hour nightly at 4:00 P.M. in the bar.
Reviewed 9 July 2016

My husband and I recently dined here after hearing about it through Nextdoor. We live fairly close, so I was excited to go to an upscale restaurant without having to drive to the city.

Our food was excellent. We shared some oysters, skipped on the small plates (though several sounded amazing), and each chose a fish entree. I had the nightly special which was trout. It was perfectly crispy and seasoned well. My husband had the halibut. He loved his and I loved mine! Both entrees were large portions. Had we chosen some small plates to start, I would not have been able to eat all of my entree. For dessert, we shared the sticky toffee pudding which was amazing! I really should not have shared that one! We each had a cocktail too. I do not remember the fancy names, but I had the rye with blood orange and honey which was similar to an old fashioned and the other was a bourbon drink. Both were fantastic. Also, our waiter was great too. There have been complaints on here about service, but he was on top of everything.

While I believe a restaurant should be judged on its food- and the food was amazing, there is just something off about the atmosphere. You walk up to the building, which could have been any old restaurant and walk in right smack dab into the hostess station. There are a few tables that are almost at the front door, which I asked to be moved from. We sat at a booth, which was comfortable. However, the placement of the computers for the waitstaff made it seem that they were in each other's way a lot which meant they were on top of us at some points. I guess to me the flaws are the design and layout of the interior and the un-sexiness of the exterior for the price we paid. Even J Alexander's across the street has more swagger!

I do plan to come back and just order a collection of small plates and oysters and, of course, dessert. However, it will not be my first choice for a steak dinner (b/c I want that rich and warm feeling when spending $$$ on my steak).

1  Thank kasens

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Our dinner group of ten tried Noble Fin and we all enjoyed it. It is a free standing building across the street from the Norcross Forum and is easy to find. The interior is elegant and modern and the menu selections are interesting. Our group tried a variety of entrees and everyone was pleased. I had the fluke (flounder) with a side of succotash. My wife had two small plate crab cakes as an entrée and a side of fingerling potatoes. The food quality and presentation are excellent and the portions are generous. Other reviewers take issue with the prices here, but they are in line with the quality of food and competitive if not better than Buckhead restaurants.

8  Thank GuyFromAtlanta_GA
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I believe that just because I went with one of my employee ( after work ), I was treated.......... the treatment Vs what I paid for a meal did not match.... I was expecting more from the waitress.

1  Thank manny9868
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We went to Noble Fin on June 23. It is a new restaurant outside the perimeter in Atlanta. It is a restaurant by Jay Swift from 4th and Swift a fine dining restaurant downtown. It is a very good restaurant for the fish entrees. I had swordfish and my husband had halibut. Well cooked and a very generous portion! Really different from 4th and Swift but very good!

We will return when we would like a well done fish meal. They also serve steaks, pork chops, duck etc?

Decent prices! The wait staff could use some wine education.

1  Thank robinhporter
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The food here was good, some even very good, and the service was excellent, but overall it was a tad disappointing. The atmosphere is a bit stuffy, and when they curtain off large swaths of the restaurant, as they did the night we were there, it's confining.

And it's pricey. There were five of us, and even though we drank two bottles of wine, we were surprised at a bill north of $500.

Not a bad experience, but not what we'd hoped for. We won't be rushing back.

2  Thank KatsuJK