All reviews romantic weekend comfortable rooms one night short walk conference airport stockholm
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Sastaholm was, through most of the 20th Century, a refuge for retired actors. When converted to a hotel the new owners used this to create character that resonates through the whole place. My visit is (I’m still here) a four night business trip to Stockholm and Gothenburg so the location between Stockholm city and the airport is perfect.

The setting for the hotel feels like farmland and forest (there is a horse farm next door) and my room overlooks a beautiful lake. There are trails leading from the hotel and last nigh I took a lovely evening stroll (around 2 miles).

I also had dinner and drinks - the bar man chatted away about Gin and Tonic (one of my favorite subjects) and then I sat out in the setting sun overlooking the lake for an amazing meal - white asparagus followed by lamb and then Creme brûlée. Elegantly prepared, fresh and beautiful.

The rooms are a little small - in the European style and if I were to have a criticism it would be that I couldn’t cool it down in the afternoon sun.

All hotels depend on the staff and as a parting note I want to just say the staff here are wonderfully friendly and helpful without exception.

This may be the best hotel I have stayed at.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Katarina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sastaholm Hotell & Konferens, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for this fantastic review which is a delight to read for all of us working here. It's wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are so pleased that you choose Såstaholm. We sincerely hope that we will be able to welcoming you back soon again - welcome plenty, as we say.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Whenever I travel to the Stockholm region for business I like to spend one night or more in this hotel. The theater theme of the hotel, relating to its original destination, is unexpected when you visit it for the first time. Dinner is always fabulous, with a new menu every month. Breakfast is very good and much to choose from. Staff are not the average 19-year old "I-can smile-but-I-don't-care" but nice ladies that make sure your stay is to your full satisfaction.

Date of stay: October 2017
Katarina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sastaholm Hotell & Konferens, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Robert,
Thank you for this nice review. Welcome plenty!
Hotel manager

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Great place for a conference. Situated in a nice area with fields and a lake really close by and still just a 25min drive from downtown Stockholm in one direction and 25 min from Sthlm Arlanda airport in the other direction. Comfortable rooms, great breakfast and food for dinner. The atmosphere in the lounge area is also great. I can recommend this place!

Date of stay: October 2017
Katarina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sastaholm Hotell & Konferens, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Patrik,
Thank you for your review and for recommending Såstaholm. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we will soon see you here again.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We booked the Romantic weekend and it was very nice.
A comfortable room that had some nice treats and bubbly upon arrival, followed by Tapas in the cozy bar area.
We then took a short walk around the hotel.
Later that evening we had an excellent dinner at the restaurant. Really great food!
The breafastbuffé had everything we needed.
They do have a lot of conferences there but it is perfect for a couples getaway aswell!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katarina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sastaholm Hotell & Konferens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Jessica,
Thank you for your visit. We are very happy to read that you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed your romantic weekend. Hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

A two day meeting for 80 persons - staying overnight in single rooms.
I love the service minded staff here.
From the booking process (changes, deadlines,requests,Reminders and confirmations) to the staff setting up the mics and helping us on site - all with the same friendly "can do" approach. These are pros!
With an international crowd who are used to business travel , it is such a joy to invite to a meeting at Såstaholm. The venue is pretty but the food is outstanding! Buffet lunches that offered an extensive salad buffee plus two mains. Any odd dietary requirement was happily seen to, and absolutely not a problem. For dinner We chose a different and well appreciated alternative - the plank - which meant sharing a meat platter. Everyone loved the concept and how it was carried out. Breakfast is high quality with many nice extra details and made "with love".
We chose to have the morning coffee breaks just outside our mtg room Karl-Gerhard which was fine. In the afternoons we enjoyed a longer break in the main building/pateo with nice lake view and the cake buffet - Dont miss!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Katarina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sastaholm Hotell & Konferens, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Renée,
Thank you for having taken the time in Writing a Review after your stay at Såstaholm. We are all so happy that you enjoyed visiting us and sincerely hope that we will soon be able to welcome you back again.