“enjoyed the surf & turf”
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
Ranked #6 of 222 Restaurants in Thornhill
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Heading to Toronto? Before you get downtown, stop off the Trans Canada Highway for a light lunch or relaxing dinner at Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Thornhill.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Lunchtime retirement celebration with coworkers. The guest of honour picked the restaurant, known allegedly for the ribs. I went for surf and turf. The lobster tail was grilled, the medium steak was medium (yeah!) My dish came off the fix price menu ($43) and it included a baked potato. Also a choice of starter (chef salad or caesar, or soup). I chose caesar salad, and it was ok. The soup that day would have been lentil, so I asked if I could have French Onion soup instead (money was not an issue, work was paying for it), but the waiter said no. That was odd. The potato was ok. I enjoyed a glass of shiraz with the meal (6 oz though 9 oz was a choice), and the meal wrapped with a cappuccino and shortcake (the shortcake was part of the menu item). The cappuccino was ok, the shortcake, not so much. Then to be fair, I am not a big fan of shortcake but I have had better. Folks around the table didn't seem to finish theirs but perhaps that was due to the size of the portions (ribs, and potato looked filling). Service was good, and the ambience comfortable. Personally, I think the Keg makes for a better experience but this isn't far behind.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Great location near all the Highways
Excellent service
Great menu with lots of choices
Quality food
Plates come out full
Go hungry

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I was invited to Baton Rouge today for a retirement lunch and once again was pleased with the menu selections, the service and the food. My friend and I both had the chicken gumbo soup special and it was delicious. I tried the seared ahi tuna salad. Fresh tuna and a wonderful dressing

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Went here for a weekday lunch meeting and had a good experience. I had the club sandwich with sweet potatoes fries - the portion was large and delicious. The service was fairly fast. I would return. The menu is huge so there's lots to choose from.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We went here as a group of 4 business ladies for dinner on a Friday night. We were seated quickly, and all received our drinks quickly. There was a large family group that was seated beside us that had children running around and crying, so it was hard to carry on a conversation within our group due to the noise. The waiter took our orders in good time, and it was a bit of a wait for the food as it was busy. They missed bringing out my salad, but never came to check on how we were until I was finished my meal. They then offered to bring out the salad, but I was full at that point. The chicken tenders with garlic mashed potatoes was excellent and very filling.