Explore Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains TourismBlue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Bed and BreakfastBlue Mountains Holiday RentalsBlue Mountains PackagesFlights to Blue MountainsBlue Mountains RestaurantsBlue Mountains AttractionsBlue Mountains ShoppingBlue Mountains Travel ForumBlue Mountains PhotoBlue Mountains MapBlue Mountains GuideHotels
All Blue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Hotel DealsBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Blue Mountains MotelsBlue Mountains CampgroundsBlue Mountains HostelsLuxury Hotels in Blue MountainsSpa Resorts in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains ResortsBlue Mountains Green HotelsBusiness Hotels Blue MountainsFamily Hotels in Blue MountainsRomantic Hotels in Blue MountainsBy Hotel ClassPopular AmenitiesPopular Blue Mountains Categories
Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Blue MountainsHotels with Kitchenette in Blue MountainsQuiet Resorts in Blue MountainsHotels with Shuttle in Blue MountainsAll Inclusive Hotels in Blue MountainsUnique Hotels Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Hotels With Indoor PoolsCharming Hotels in Blue MountainsQuiet Hotels in Blue MountainsBoutique Resorts Blue MountainsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Scenic World Blue MountainsHotels near The Three SistersHotels near Blue MountainsHotels near Echo Point LookoutHotels near Wentworth Falls LookoutHotels near Govetts LeapHotels near The Giant StairwayHotels near The Blue Mountains Botanic GardenHotels near Leura CascadesHotels near Everglades House & GardensNear Airports
Hotels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Hotels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Near Colleges
All things to do in Blue MountainsAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar HireMore
Blue Mountains Tourism: Best of Blue Mountains
About Blue Mountains
The Blue Mountains are named for the delicate azure haze that lingers along the region, which is actually a fine cloud of oil emitted by eucalyptus trees. The mystical mountains are a labyrinth of plateaus, gorges and gum trees. Check out the Katoomba Scenic Railway (the steepest railway in the world), the Jenolan Caves and the Giant Staircase nature walk.
Essential Blue Mountains
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
Trending in the forums
A Blue Mountains Trip for First-Timers
Are you new to the bushwalking trails, waterfalls, and eucalyptus trees of Blue Mountains? Here's a quick guide on the must-see attractions that make this area so magical.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- Govetts Leap625Another sweeping lookout point. This one gives you a bird's-eye view of the valley and Bridal Veil Falls.
- Everglades House & Gardens387Not everything in Blue Mountains is wild, rambling countryside. This gorgeous property gives a genteel, manicured version of nature. Stroll the themed gardens and finish your visit with a trip to the property's tea house. Pinkies up!
- Echo Point Lookout1,667A scenic overview with the very best views of Katoomba. You'll also get a closeup of the "Three Sisters" rock formation here, perfect for a photo op.
- Grand Canyon track110A bucket-list walking trail, the Grand Canyon track passes waterfalls, creeks, and majestic sandstone walls. It's one of the most popular walks in the area and a great intro to everything Blue Mountains has to offer.
- Scenic World Blue Mountains4,782Kick off your adventure with this high-adrenaline spot. Chug down the steepest railway, walk over a suspended glass-floored walkway, and gaze out over clifftop views.
- Blue Mountains Chocolate Company237Refuel with a hot chocolate—or grab a few sweet treats as souvenirs for your loved ones back home.