Rome TourismRome HotelsRome Bed and BreakfastRome Holiday RentalsRome PackagesFlights to RomeRome RestaurantsRome AttractionsRome ShoppingRome Travel ForumRome PhotoRome MapRome GuideHotels
All Rome HotelsRome Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in RomeBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar HireMore
Rome MotelsRome CampsitesRome HostelsRome Green HotelsRomantic Hotels in RomeSpa Resorts in RomeRome ResortsFamily Hotels in RomeLuxury Hotels in RomeBusiness Hotels RomeBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Novotel Hotels in RomeB&B Hotels in RomeHoliday Inns in RomeWorldhotels in RomeNH Hotels in RomeRocco Forte Hotels in RomeLO.AN Hotels in RomeNH Collection Hotels in RomeBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in RomeSheraton Hotels in RomeC-Hotels in RomeExe Hotels in RomeEurostars Hotels in RomeIbis Styles Hotels in RomeQuality Inns in RomePopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Romanina HotelsEsquilino HotelsParioli HotelsAventine HotelsCasalotti HotelsSallustiano HotelsPortuense HotelsGrottarossa HotelsPopular Rome Categories
Cheap Accommodations in RomeHotels with Balconies in RomeHistoric Hotels in RomeCheap Hostels RomeFamily Bed and Breakfast RomeHoneymoon Hotels RomeQuiet Hotels in RomeModern Hotels RomeHotels with Shuttle in RomeRomantic Boutique Hotels in RomeNear Landmarks
Hotels near ColosseumHotels near Trevi FountainHotels near PantheonHotels near Piazza NavonaHotels near Palatine HillHotels near Roman ForumHotels near Spanish StepsHotels near Galleria BorgheseHotels near TrastevereHotels near Basilica di Santa Maria MaggioreNear Train Stations
Hotels near Vittorio Emanuele StationHotels near Termini StationHotels near Roma Termini StationHotels near Roma Prenestina StationHotels near Cavour StationHotels near Repubblica - Teatro dell'Opera StationHotels near Barberini - Fontana di Trevi StationHotels near Spagna StationHotels near Euclide StationHotels near Castro Pretorio StationNear Airports
Hotels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Hotels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Ciampino Airport (CIA)Motels near Fiumicino Airport (FCO)Near Colleges
Hotels near University of Roma "La Sapienza"Hotels near Free International University of Social StudiesHotels near Guido Carli Free International University for Social StudiesHotels near John Cabot UniversityHotels near Pontifical University AntonianumHotels near American University of RomeHotels near Ateneo Pontificio Regina ApostolorumHotels near Roma Tre UniversityHotels near Campus Bio-Medico University of RomeHotels near Pontifcia Universitas Lateranensis
Rome Tourism: Best of Rome
Ancient sights with modern style, the Eternal City continues to shine
The sprawling city of Rome remains one of the most significant stops in the world, thanks to its seamless blend of Old World wonders and modern delights. The ruins of the Colosseum, her iconic fountains, lazy wanders through cobblestone streets with gelato in hand: All this and more beckon. Rome is a winding, spectacular city full of places to discover.
Travel stories from Tripadvisor
All the destinations, guidance, lists, and more to help make your next trip better than ever.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Rome.See all
Quintessential Rome restaurants, bars, and beyond.See all
Gelato for days
I used to think the mini-shovels they serve gelato with were to help with portion control. Don't be fooled. It's a mini-shovel for a reason. Avoid those tourist traps — and neon-colored, ice crystal covered scoops — with my top spots to dig in to real gelato in Rome. Don't forget the lactaid.
Jess Carei, Brooklyn, NY
- Otaleg869Yes, it's gelato spelled backwards, but there is nothing backwards about this off-the-beaten path, natural gelato shop. Make the trek out to a residential neighborhood to witness the gelato making process first hand. Then treat yourself to their savory flavors. Mustard anyone?
- Gelateria dei Gracchi1,730You may have to wait on line at the original location of this small Roman chain. Go for the seasonal flavors here. For your lactose-intolerant companions (I am so sorry), they offer really great zero milk flavors. Don't sleep on the bon bons!
- Fiordiluna759My personal favorite here is the duetto of hazelnut and pistachio. Apparently this flavor is the result of a happy accident? The owner dropped some hazelnuts into the pistacchio gelato. Say it with me. P-stack-ee-oo.
- Il Gelato di San Crispino3,046If you are doing an Eat, Pray, Love thing, you cannot miss this spot. Literally. This teeny spot was featured in the novel and the Julia Roberts flick. Go for the honey, money.
- Fatamorgana804Lots of wonderful, whimsical flavors at this chain — head to the one in Travestere. One flavor called Thumbelina has walnuts, rose petals, violet leaves. Another one, Thought, ginger, horseradish, lemon peel, and pink grapefruit. Zing!
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Rome
Dig Into Rome
Stories, tips, and guides