Dubai TourismDubai HotelsDubai Bed and BreakfastDubai Holiday RentalsDubai PackagesFlights to DubaiDubai RestaurantsDubai AttractionsDubai ShoppingDubai Travel ForumDubai PhotoDubai MapDubai GuideHotels
All Dubai HotelsDubai Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in DubaiBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Dubai MotelsDubai CampgroundsDubai HostelsFamily Hotels in DubaiDubai ResortsSpa Resorts in DubaiDubai Beach HotelsDubai Ski-In / Ski-Out HotelsDubai Green HotelsRomantic Hotels in DubaiBusiness Hotels DubaiLuxury Hotels in DubaiBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Movenpick Hotels in DubaiCitadines Apart Hotels in DubaiBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in DubaiShangri-La Hotels in DubaiRixos Hotels in DubaiAvani Hotels & Resorts in DubaiDusit Hotels And Resorts in DubaiPark Regis Hotels in DubaiLouvre Hotels in DubaiMelia Hotels in DubaiAdagio Premium Hotels in DubaiBest Western Hotels in DubaiInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in DubaiHyatt Hotels in DubaiPremier Inns in DubaiPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Al Fahidi HotelsTrade Centre 1 HotelsUmm Hurair 2 HotelsNaif HotelsBusiness Bay HotelsAl Buteen HotelsPort Saeed HotelsPort Rashid HotelsPopular Dubai Categories
Cheap Hotels DubaiDowntown Dubai HotelsDubai All Inclusive Beach HotelsDubai Beach Spa HotelsDubai Beach Suite HotelsDubai Cheap Pet Friendly HotelsDubai Cheap Beach HotelsDubai Luxury LodgesDubai 5 Star ResortsDubai Hot Tub Suite HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Burj KhalifaHotels near The Dubai FountainHotels near Dubai MetroHotels near Atlantis Aquaventure WaterparkHotels near Dubai Aquarium & Underwater ZooHotels near Burj Al ArabHotels near Ski DubaiHotels near Dubai CreekHotels near Wild Wadi WaterparkHotels near Dubai Miracle GardenNear Train Stations
Hotels near Al NahdaHotels near Abu HailHotels near Al QiyadahHotels near Stadium (Dubai)Hotels near Dubai Airport Free ZoneHotels near Al QusaisHotels near EtisalatHotels near Airport Terminal 3Hotels near EmiratesHotels near RashidiyaNear Airports
Hotels near Dubai World Central - Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC)Hotels near Dubai Airport (DXB)Hotels near Sharjah Airport (SHJ)Near Colleges
All things to do in DubaiAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar Hire
Burj Khalifa: Tickets & ToursThe Dubai Fountain: Tickets & ToursThe Dubai Mall: Tickets & ToursDubai Miracle Garden: Tickets & ToursGlobal Village: Tickets & ToursDubai Frame: Tickets & ToursAtlantis Aquaventure Waterpark: Tickets & ToursLa Mer: Tickets & ToursBurj Al Arab: Tickets & ToursSki Dubai: Tickets & ToursDubai Creek: Tickets & ToursDubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo: Tickets & ToursMall of the Emirates: Tickets & ToursThe Lost Chambers Aquarium: Tickets & ToursWild Wadi Waterpark: Tickets & Tours
Dubai Tourism: Best of Dubai
Dazzling and dizzying, a city of superlatives
Largest. Tallest. Biggest. Dubai does everything to the extreme, standing out for its uber-modern design in a historically conservative country. The soaring skyscrapers, palm-shaped islands, and golden beaches, paired with vibrant nightlife, luxury shopping, and world-class dining, make the city a sight to behold and be explored.
Start planning for Dubai
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Dubai.
A mix of the charming, lavish, and modern.
Quintessential Dubai restaurants, bars, and beyond.
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Dubai
Traditional Trek Around Dubai
Dubai certainly dazzles with its uber-modern design showcased in sights like the Burj Al Arab, and with its over-the-top attractions like the Dubai Mall and Palm Jumeirah. But it wasn't the glitzy nightclubs and crowd-pleasing brunches that won me over, it was the traditional architecture, Emirati culture, and delicious pistachio dates. So if you're looking for a more traditional slice of life, here are some of my favorite places you should visit in Dubai.
Lara Grant, New York City, NY
- Dubai Gold Souk3,409Located in the Deira district, the Dubai Gold Souk is a traditional market with over 350 stores, most of which sell jewelry. Gold, diamonds, and precious stones are all available here, but do your research on the best stores if you're looking to buy!
- Deira Old Souk Abra Station287Abras are traditional wooden boats that act as water taxis on Dubai Creek, ferrying travelers between the Deira Old Souk and Bur Dubai Abra Stations. As a bonus, the creek is a busy hub, with lots to do and see nearby.
- Cafe Bateel156Bateel is renowned for their gourmet dates packaged in hand-painted wooden boxes, and the cafe expands that upscale approach to all-day dining. Scrumptious bateel date pudding and traditional Arabic coffee are highlights.
- Siraj384Dubai is well-known for its fine-dining cuisine and outposts of global restaurants, but for a truly authentic Emirati meal, head to Siraj. Go with friends and share the camel steak, chicken biryani, and green mango salad. Pro tip: snag a table outside for a gorgeous Burj Khalifa fountain show view.
- Ripe Market85Skip the fancy restaurants and indoor malls and spend an afternoon strolling the Ripe Market, an outdoor farmers' market showcasing local businesses. I was a big fan of the organic veggies and fruits, cute handicrafts, and chic jewelry.
- Jumeirah Mosque2,145Firstly, built in traditional Fatimid style, the Jumeirah Mosque is beautiful. And, it's one of the few mosques open to non-Muslims. It's a unique experience to observe the prayer and learn more about the customs.
- XVA Art Hotel826XVA Art Hotel offers a more traditional, simple alternative to the towering, flashy hotels. It’s located in the heart of the Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood, the oldest community in Dubai, and it occupies the former home of the Seddiqi family – high-end watch retailers. There are just 14 rooms on-site, all individually decorated and with locally inspired furnishings. A cozy café and gallery showcasing Arab artwork add to its charm.
- Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding1,210Although roughly 80 percent of Dubai's population is foreigners, travelers can still get a peek inside Emirati culture by visiting this center. It's in the historic Al Fahidi neighborhood and I love that visitors can take part in activities such as walking tours, authentic dinners, and conversations with local Emiratis.