Boston TourismBoston HotelsBoston Bed and BreakfastBoston Holiday RentalsBoston PackagesFlights to BostonBoston RestaurantsBoston AttractionsBoston ShoppingBoston Travel ForumBoston PhotoBoston MapBoston GuideHotels
All Boston HotelsBoston Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BostonBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Boston HostelsBoston ResortsRomantic Hotels in BostonFamily Hotels in BostonSpa Resorts in BostonBoston Green HotelsLuxury Hotels in BostonBusiness Hotels BostonBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Marriott Hotels in BostonHyatt Hotels in BostonInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in BostonChoice Hotels in BostonAC Hotels in BostonOmni Hotels in BostonHampton by Hilton Hotels in BostonFour Seasons Hotels in BostonPreferred Hotels & Resorts in BostonResidence Inns in BostonCourtyard Hotels in BostonWestin Hotels in BostonKimpton Hotels in BostonDoubleTree by Hilton Hotels in BostonWyndham Hotels in BostonPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Fenway / Kenmore HotelsSouth End HotelsSeaport District / South Boston Waterfront HotelsNorth End HotelsWest End HotelsNeponset - Port Norfolk HotelsKenmore HotelsRoxbury HotelsHotels near Codman Square - East Codman HillHotels near Brook FarmPopular Boston Categories
Unique Hotels BostonHotels with Hot Tubs in BostonHotels with Balconies in BostonDesign Hotels in BostonBoardwalk Hotels in BostonSpring Break Hotels in BostonCondo Hotels in BostonBoston Luxury LodgesBoston Hot Tub Suite HotelsBoston Cheap Pet Friendly HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Freedom TrailHotels near Fenway ParkHotels near Boston Public GardenHotels near Museum of Fine ArtsHotels near Faneuil Hall MarketplaceHotels near North EndHotels near Boston CommonHotels near Boston Tea Party Ships & MuseumHotels near New England AquariumHotels near Boston Public LibraryNear Train Stations
Hotels near Downtown CrossingHotels near Government CenterHotels near StateHotels near HaymarketHotels near AquariumHotels near CourthouseHotels near Terminal B Stop 2Hotels near Terminal B Stop 1Hotels near Terminal AHotels near BroadwayNear Airports
Hotels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Hotels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Hotels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Worcester Airport (ORH)Motels near Manchester Municipal Airport (MHT)Motels near Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)Near Colleges
Hotels near New England College of Business and FinanceHotels near North Bennet Street SchoolHotels near Laboure CollegeHotels near University of Massachusetts BostonHotels near Eastern Nazarene CollegeHotels near Quincy CollegeHotels near Suffolk UniversityHotels near MA General Dietetic Internship Boston, MAHotels near Empire Beauty SchoolHotels near Urban College of Boston
All things to do in BostonAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsHoliday RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesCar HireMore
Fenway Park: Tickets & ToursFreedom Trail: Tickets & ToursMuseum of Fine Arts: Tickets & ToursBoston Tea Party Ships & Museum: Tickets & ToursNorth End: Tickets & ToursBoston Public Garden: Tickets & ToursSamuel Adams Brewery: Tickets & ToursBoston Public Library: Tickets & ToursMuseum of Science: Tickets & ToursIsabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Tickets & ToursBoston Common: Tickets & ToursUSS Constitution: Tickets & ToursBeacon Hill: Tickets & ToursUSS Constitution Museum: Tickets & ToursQuincy Market: Tickets & Tours
Boston Tourism: Best of Boston
You've got to walk the Freedom Trail the first time you visit Boston. That's just a given. Make sure you step off the line on the pavement, though, and explore some of Boston's fine museums (try the Gardner—art masterpieces displayed in their collector's mansion) and old neighbourhoods (like the North End, where you can get the best cannoli this side of Italy). You can't claim to have experienced real Boston culture, though, unless you've watched a Red Sox game from the bleachers.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Boston
Boston With the Whole Fam
For a big city, Boston has major kid-appeal. First there's the magic of Fenway, then there's the "oversized playground" vibe of Boston Common. And don't even get me started on the city's famed cannoli. Here's a roundup of sights and attractions that appeal to kids of all ages.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- New England Aquarium5,684Penguins! Seals! Balloonfish! This aquarium has it all. You could easily spend a full day here, just bobbing around among the tanks and pools spotting your favorite critters.
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum6,386Sneak in another teachable moment by taking the kids to see this vessel and museum. Kids will appreciate touring an 18th-century ship (shiver-me-timbers!) and adults can dive into the Revolutionary history documented here—or take a breather in the tea room.
- The Mapparium904What kid doesn't want to step into a giant globe and go exploring? The Mapparium offers exactly that.
- Boston Children's Museum977No family trip would be complete without hitting the Boston Children's Museum, a wonderland with playspaces, an art studio, a maze, a nature walk, and more. This is the perfect spot to hold up during a rainy day.
- Boston Duck Tours7,337Ducks on parade! These Duck Tours are operated by a fleet of land/water hybrid vehicles that can give you a great overview of the city and its landmarks. Plus, they're super fun to ride in.
- J.P. Licks131I scream, you scream, we all scream for J.P. Licks! This is kid-pleasing ice cream in oodles of flavors.
- Fenway Park16,752Come here to root for the home team or just take a tour and soak up that Big League energy.
- Modern Pastry Shop2,165The biggest debate in Boston is who makes the best cannoli. Some swear by Mike's but my vote goes to Modern. Feel free to taste-test both!
- Freedom Trail17,466Sneaking in a little history lesson while sightseeing is what Boston is all about! Set off on the Freedom Trail and you'll cover several Revolutionary sights in the space of an afternoon.
- Swan Boats273A Boston rite of passage, the swan boats delight children and adults alike as they glide across the pond.
- Boston Common6,447Boston Common and the neighboring Boston Public Garden is a great place to let kids work out all their wiggles among some of the prettiest turf the city can offer.
- Make Way for Ducklings Statues65Kick off your trip with a visit to this iconic duckling statue. Locals will often dress these ducks up in themed clothes, so you might see them decked out in tiny sports jerseys.