I'm just going to start off and make a list of the pros and cons of this place. Things I have already mentioned to Jason on Airbnb and things other people have mentioned.
- Carpets are stained in most rooms of the house, they need to be changed, no doubt they're clean but they look gross.
- Sofa/Chair stained, comfortable don't get me wrong but having to fight with a throw which then reveals what they really look like underneath is a bit of a joke.
- Wallpaper (on the ceiling?) falling off in bathroom. Just an easy fix this, an afternoon could be spent stripping that and just painting it white, it'd look a lot better.
- Musty smell in the flat, probably due to all of the moisture trapped in those carpets, especially in the bathroom. Bathrooms shouldn't have a carpet full stop for this very reason, not to mention the hygiene around the toilet.
- Hot water tap on the bath is dangerous, it takes awhile to fill the bath, the water that comes out of the hot water tap is boiling (which isn't a bad thing) but the metal handle becomes extremely hot which my 8 year old stepdaughter almost burnt her hand on until I told her to leave it alone so I could do it.
- Fuse box loose on one of the walls, easy fix to get it back into position.
- Mould around sink fixtures.
- Parking is only for those with very tiny cars.
- Do not book if you struggle with stairs, it's above a cafe and the entrance is via a fire escape BUT ignore what other peoples say about this, it's very secure and I'm funny about fire escapes, I had no issues with this.
- Wide open space with space for the kids to run around and enjoy themselves.
- Huge bath, once you manage to turn the taps out without burning yourself, the bath is actually pretty amazing.
- Decent WiFi connection, I had no issues with this. The step son couldn't connect his Nintendo Switch to it, but this must have been an issue with the device as none of us had any issues connecting our phones to it.
- Amazing view of the street. You really are in a prime location.
- Comfortable beds, I had no issue sleeping here apart from the lamp across the road that'll I'll get into.
- Decent TV with freeview and a whole stack of DVDs. We didn't watch any DVDs, I spent most of my time looking out of the window.
- Great kitchen with everything you need, I'd be happy spending a week with a kitchen like this.
- Lots of leaflets and magazines with things to do in the area.
Overall, I had an average stay here. For the price people are paying, I can see why they'll moan about the things I have mentioned in the Cons section. But at no point did I have an issue with anything enough to complain to Jason, who I'm sure would have had no problems sorting anything we'd need.
The place acted as a base whilst we explored Haworth and it did its job.
Beware if you're in the master bedroom, at night the lamp directly opposite turns on and off constantly all night which you can see through the curtains, enough for it to be distracting whilst trying to sleep, nothing at the fault of Jason here but something people need to be aware of.
The floorboards are creaky as you can expect as this is a very old place.
Some ornaments/books etc on these huge book cases here wouldn't go amiss. Whilst they look great, they just stand there looking bare and pointless.
A bit of TLC into this place and it could be great, it's such a lovely place in a fantastic area but feels a little run down in places, the carpets and the horrible stained furniture would be the first place I'd start. But otherwise I had an enjoyable weekend here.