This listing should be avoided at all costs, as the property manager and owner exhibited behavior during my family’s 2015 summer stay that was incompetent at best and criminal at worst.
1) Overcharged us on the Cleaning Fee
Despite paying a surcharge for the cleaning fee of the house, we discovered the following at check-in:
• Filthy kitchen/bedroom floors. We all had to wear flip flops in the house at all times to prevent our feet from turning black;
• Dishwasher was full of soiled dishes and silverware;
• Greasy, food-encrusted pan in the oven. We were so disgusted that we didn't cook or use the dishes during our stay, instead using disposable plates due to the kitchen filth;
• Bags of dirty linens in the basement that were left behind - it wasn’t clear if these belonged to the owner or the prior tenant.
How exactly was that cleaning fee allocated?
2) Faulty HVAC System
We agreed to pay...